Charter Fitness of Countryside
Northern Illinois University
Bachelor of Science with an emphasis in Athletic Training
National Academy of Sports Medicine Personal Training Certification
National Academy of Sports Medicine Fitness Nutrition Specialist
1. If you could only workout with one piece of equipment, what would you choose?
I would personally say free weights – and I really love using them in general. When you use free weights, your primary muscles for the workout contract more. It also involves stability muscles that are not as engaged when using the machines. This helps create a more intense workout that challenges your muscles and your body in a different way.
2. Tell us about your journey to becoming a personal trainer at Charter Fitness. (Were you always interested in fitness, did something/someone inspire you to become a trainer, what education did you seek to become a trainer, etc.)
I have always enjoyed working out and staying in shape. Fitness is a way of life to me. One of my lifelong goals has always been to help and educate others. Honestly, it was just a natural progression for me to become a trainer. Personal training allows me to constantly help others reach their potential in and out of the gym!
3. What’s something interesting about you that your clients might now even know?
I’m a huge WWE fan. Shawn Michaels is the greatest wrestler of all time!
4. Now the important questions… a game of This or That?…
• Skittles or M&M’s: Skittles!
• The mountains or the beach: Beach life all day!
• TEAM Training or Private Training: They’re both very beneficial but I would prefer private training.
• Taylor Swift or Katie Perry: Neither but Taylor Swift hooks are very catchy!
• Pull Ups or Push Ups: Two great choices: Push ups are my favorite
• Schwarzenegger or Stalone: Stallone: Rocky Movies are the best!
• Cubs or White Sox: GO CUBS GO!