Charter Fitness® Rules and Regulations
Members and any guests of a member are required to observe and comply with these Regulations and Rules. Charter Fitness (the Club) reserves the right to make changes from time to time and these changes shall be posted at the premises.
Unstaffed Hours Access Liability Waiver: In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. It is expressly agreed and understood security is not provided by CLUB at any time, MEMBER acknowledges CLUB cannot be responsible or liable for MEMBER personal safety, MEMBER ASSUMES any and all responsibility for his/her personal safety.
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
4. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CLUB, its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Facility Rules: Lockers are provided on a per visit basis only. The Club is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged articles. Locks left on lockers over night will be cut off and clothing donated to charity. Members must provide their own: work out towel, soap, wearing apparel (per dress code) and locks for lockers. Member may not bring weapons, alcohol, or drugs on the premises. Member may not perform any personalized training with any member or non-member without the prior written consent of the Club’s owner. Appropriate workout attire must be worn at all times. No exposed metal on clothing. No see-through clothing. No open – toed or – heeled shoes allowed. Any member that is 18 years or older may bring in a guest that is 18 years or older (subject to customary charges and fees). The guest must sign a “guest waiver” and may be asked to present identification. If a member is under the age of 18 they may not bring in a guest under the age of 18. If a guest is between the ages of 12-17, they must have a guardian accompany them and sign the guest waiver. Charter Fitness reserves the right to refuse service to any guest.
Check In Policy: All members, upon entering the Club, are required to present membership card to gain entrance into the Club. Picture ID may be required.
Dues: The obligation to pay dues is not dependent upon the availability of the Club’s facilities or the Member’s usage of the facility. Repair or maintenance may at any time, make it necessary for the Club to restrict the use of, for a temporary period, its facilities. Power outages, weather, or other acts of nature may cause a restricted use of the facilities.
Membership Card: Membership cards may be used by member to whom card is issued. If card is lost, a replacement may be issued. All members, upon entering the Club, are required to present membership card to gain entrance into the Club. Picture ID may be required.
Medical Analysis: Member hereby represents and warrants that he or she is physically sound and that he or she has medical approval to proceed with a normal routine of exercise. The Club is relying on the determination of the member and member’s physician as to member’s fitness to use the facilities and equipment of the Club and participation in a physical exercise program. Any member that has not been medically approved by a physician to participate in an exercise program cannot and should not use the Club’s equipment.
Damage to Facility: Member agrees to pay an extra charge for damages caused by the member arising from any careless use of equipment, or dropping weights, etc.
Signers of Agreement: If there is more than one person signing this agreement, each is individually responsible to fully perform the obligations under this agreement. It is each person’s responsibility to know whether this agreement is in default or that payments have been missed. The Club is not responsible for notifying the member of late payments or any default or that any payments have been missed.
Delinquent Accounts: Any account which is more than thirty days past due may result in member losing all Club privileges. After thirty days from due date, the Club shall have at its option the right to terminate or suspend membership and collect all outstanding monies.
Member’s Right To Cancel: If you wish to cancel this agreement without penalty prior to the validation of your membership, you may only cancel it by delivering or mailing a written notice to us. The notice must state that you do not wish to become a Charter Fitness member and be bound by the membership agreement and must be delivered or mailed before midnight of the third business day (the seventh business day if the facility has not yet opened for business at the time of signing) after you sign this agreement. The notice of cancellation may be made by personal delivery, or mailed by certified mail, to the location where this Contract was signed. If you cancel within the permitted number of days, we will return to you within thirty days, any amount you may have been billed prior to the validation of your membership. Failure to follow the procedures as outlined above shall result in the membership agreement remaining in full force and effect. Upon termination of this Contract, all information and material of a personal or private nature shall be returned to member within thirty days. Further, if the facility is not available for use by member within 180 days from the date of signing, or within 3 months from a date specified in the Contract, whichever is less, member may cancel this Contract.
Relocation/Death or Disability of Member: If the member relocates his/her residence 25 miles or more from the facility or a substantially similar facility that would accept member’s obligation hereunder, member may cancel the Contract and shall be liable for only that portion of charges allocable to the time before reasonable evidence of such relocation is presented to the Club. If the member, due to death or disability, is unable to use or receive all services contracted for hereunder, the member, or such member’s estate, shall be liable for only that portion of the charges allocable to the time prior to death or onset of disability. If facility is (i) relocated more than 25 miles from member’s residence, or (ii) is closed, and a substantially similar facility that would accept member’s obligation hereunder is not available, member may cancel this Contract and be liable for only the portion of time prior to the relocation or closing.
Binding Arbitration: If any dispute arises under this Contract, the parties each agree to submit the matter to arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association in the State of Illinois, County of Cook unless parties otherwise agree. Any award made by the arbitrator will be final and binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction. The prevailing party will be awarded all cost of arbitration including reasonable attorney’s fees.
Violation of regulations & Rules:
All members and guests shall be subject to strict compliance with all Regulations and Rules. Failure by any member or guest to so comply shall permit the Club to revoke this Contract and immediately terminate all of member’s privileges and Club’s obligations under this Contract.
Applicable Law: The laws of the State of Illinois shall govern any claims arising under or extending from the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You (the Member or Guest) are voluntarily using the tanning facilities of CHARTER FITNESS. Only you are responsible for the amount of time chosen for exposure to ultraviolet radiation, both the amount of time per visit and number of times you visit the CHARTER FITNESS tanning facility. You may not tan more than once in a 24 hour period. Further, you are responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to voluntary ultraviolet radiation exposure. You must review the dangers of exposure to ultraviolet radiation provided below (as required by law) and you must agree to wear protective eyewear at all times. If eye protection is not worn, use of the tanning facility may cause damage to the eyes. Before using the tanning units, you are also responsible for acquainting yourself with the effects of tanning. If you are using any medications or undergoing any medical treatment, you must obtain a doctor’s permission before tanning. Certain prescription and over-the-counter medications prohibit exposure to ultraviolet radiation and may cause abnormal skin sensitivity or burning. Prior to each tanning session, you will be required to give information concerning any prescription or over-the-counter medications to the operator. State law requires CHARTER FITNESS to obtain this information. CHARTER FITNESS requires your full cooperation in filling out our log. If you are between the ages of 14 and 17, you must have parental consent to use the tanning facilities of CHARTER FITNESS. CHARTER FITNESS does not allow persons under the age of 14 for use its tanning facilities.
DANGER – ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION!
- FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid too frequent or lengthy exposure. As with natural sunlight, exposure to a sunlamp may cause eye and skin injury, sunburn and allergic reactions. Repeated overexposure may cause chronic damage characterized by wrinkling, dryness, premature aging of the skin and skin cancer.
- Wear protective eyewear. FAILURE TO USE PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR MAY RESULT IN SEVERE BURNS OR LONG-TERM INJURY TO THE EYES. Use of protective eyewear is mandatory and required by law. Remember to take out contact lenses.
- Ultraviolet radiation from sunlamps enhances the effects of the sun. Do not sunbathe before or after exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Do not, inside or outside, tan more than once within a 24-hour period. Abnormal or increased skin sensitivity or burning may be caused by certain foods, medications (including, but not limited to tranquilizers, diuretics, antibiotics, high blood pressure medication, birth control pills, and skin creams), cosmetics or toiletries. Consult a physician or pharmacist before using a sunlamp if you are using prescription or non-prescription medications, have a history of skin problems, or believe yourself especially sensitive to sunlight. Pregnant women and women on birth control pills who use a tanning device may develop discolored skin.
- If you do not tan in the sun, you are unlikely to tan from the use of this product.
- Use of a tanning device may not provide a protective base in regards to sun exposure.
- Take it easy. Do not try to get a great tan in one or two visits.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF TANNING, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.
Charter Fitness Club Policies
- Members are required to scan-in with their membership tag upon entering the club.
- To ensure secure check-ins, all members must have a photo on file.
- Appropriate workout attire, including clean gym shoes, should be worn at all times. Jeans, denim clothing, exposed metal on clothing, see-through clothing, open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited. Additional attire may be deemed inappropriate by club management.
- All personal items such as gym bags and coats must be kept in the locker room.
- Charter Fitness is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
- Members are responsible for their keys. They should not be given to club staff or left at the reception area.
- Lockers are provided on a per visit basis only. Members provide their own locks. Any locks left on lockers overnight will be cut off and the contents will be donated to charity.
- If workout or shower towels are needed, it’s the member’s responsibility to bring them to the club.
- Headphones must be worn when listening to music. Music cannot be played through a phone, speaker, or other device.
- Spotters are recommended when using free weights. Dropping or slamming weights, as well as grunting, are strictly prohibited. For the safety and courtesy of other members, please re-rack your weights when you are done with them.
- Please refrain from talking on your cell phone on the gym floor and from using profanity while at the club.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after use. The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Charter Fitness is a weapon-, alcohol- and drug-free facility. Please do not bring these items on the premises.
- Members may not perform personal training services of any kind in the gym.
- No personal gym equipment is allowed to be brought into the facility.
All Access Guest Privilege Policy
- All Access members may bring in one unique guest per month.
- All guests must be accompanied by an All Access member at the time of visit and remain with them for the duration of their visit.
- All guests must present a valid state ID or driver’s license, fill out a digital guest waiver and take a picture for secure check-ins on their first visit. For each following visit, guests will fill out the guest log, using their phone number as their barcode.
- All guests must be 12 years of age or older. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Member and Guest cannot both be under 18. Either Member or Guest must be over 18.
- Guests must follow all Charter Fitness policies while they are in the club.