The holiday season can be one of the most challenging times of the year to stick to healthy habits. You’re busy, stressed and the weather is bitter cold and depressing. This year, keep one step ahead of it all with these stay-healthy tips.
Here’s your Holiday Fitness Survival Guide:
- Be flexible with your schedule as the days get hectic and you have holiday parties to attend. Instead of skipping an evening workout, wake up an hour earlier and exercise in the morning.
- If it is in your budget, book a weekend getaway to a warm destination. The trip will motivate you to keep up healthy habits during the holidays.
- Sign up for a holiday 5K with your friends and/or family. There are a number of fun runs to choose from. Find one in your area here.
- Avoid online shopping. It’s convenient, but going to the mall burns extra calories as you walk from store to store.
- Most importantly, cut yourself a little slack and enjoy yourself. The holiday season is all about friends and family so don’t forget to have a little fun!